Al Fatih Academy’s vision is to be a model Islamic learning community that inspires a commitment to excellence in all aspects of life.
Al Fatih's mission is to cultivate and nurture a thriving American Muslim identity that balances religious, academic and cultural knowledge and imparts the importance of civic involvement and charitable work. Through an interdisciplinary and integrated programming approach, we strive to create an educational environment that unites students, teachers, family, and community to provide an exceptional learning experience.
Our Core Values
Intention and Purpose (niyyah)
- Be mindful of actions
- Recognize purpose in learning and knowledge
Good Character (khuluq)
- Practice good conduct including honesty, humility, forgiveness, generosity, kindness, fairness, compassion and empathy.
- Remind one another of these through lessons, interactions, activities and personal relationships
- Foster and create relationships within our family, neighborhood and world
- Learn and teach about others to better ourselves
Serenity and Peace (sakeenah & salam)
- Create spaces for reflection in our daily lives
- Find ways to be peaceful and make peace within ourselves and others
Knowledge and Action (‘ilm & ‘amal)
- Nurture a love of learning and wonder about the surrounding world
- Appreciate and acknowledge a diversity of ways of knowing and learning
- Use knowledge for the benefit of ourselves and to serve others
Stewardship (khalifa & amana)
- Understand that our bodies and our world are a trust and responsibility for us to take care of
- Serve others through our actions, thoughts and abilities