Families that are Zakat Eligible and experiencing difficulty meeting the full tuition obligation are encouraged to apply for financial aid.
To help us objectively assess what a family is able to contribute to education expenses, Al Fatih Academy uses FACTS Management as a trusted third party evaluation tool to assess the needs of each family.
The income and assets of the family are taken into account, as well as the size of the family, age of the parents, the number of children attending tuition charging schools, the state and/or metropolitan area where the family resides, the value of parents' assets, and the number of working parents.
Funding Sources (All Financial Aid funds are derived from Zakat Donations):
- Al Fatih Academy accepts Zakat donations which are used to help Zakat-eligible families with their children’s tuition.
- Awards can range from 10-80% of tuition for eligible families.
- Zakat funds are only used for tuition assistance to families that are Zakat Eligible.
Things to Know:
- All applications for financial aid are confidential.
- FACTS sends financial aid reports to the Financial Aid Committee comprised of Board Members for evaluation and review.
- The school administration does not have access to, nor does it share, a family’s financial information with other families or with Al Fatih Academy faculty and staff.
- Financial aid is available on a first come first serve basis until all funds are distributed.
- Financial Aid is available for currently enrolled students in grade KG-8. If your child is not enrolled with Al Fatih Academy, you must first complete the enrollment process to be considered for financial aid.
- Complete Al Fatih Academy Online Enrollment.
- Log in to FACTS to begin your application. New users will need to create an account. Note that our FACTS Institution ID# is: 34071
- Gather all Required Documentation:
- All pages of your most recent IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ including all schedules.
- All W2’s and 1099’s Forms for individuals listed in Sections A and B
- All required non-taxable income documentation.
- Gather all supporting documentation for any special circumstances that may affect your financial status (i.e. medical bills, disabilities, death, change in employment status, etc.)
- Review application for accuracy and make copy for your records.
- Submit application.
- Upload required and supporting documentation. Uploaded documents must be in PDF format and the size of each document must be less than 20 MB. If you are unable to upload, fax the required documents to (866) 315-9264. Please do not use your mobile device to photo copy required documents due to problems with legibility.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at (866) 441-4637.
After you submit your application:
- FACTS evaluates and determines the amount of the financial aid award.
- FACTS will send the comprehensive Summary Report to the Financial Aid Committee.
- Upon review, the Financial Aid Committee will send letters of determination to each family informing them of their award amounts within 4 weeks.
- AFA notifies applicants via email of their awards
- Applicants can either accept, decline or appeal their award.
- Recipients of financial aid may appeal an award by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should provide supporting documents of any special/extenuating circumstances.
- AFA sends email acknowledgment upon receipt of an appeal.
- The appeal is reviewed by the Financial Aid Committee.
- Recipient will be informed of the decision via email.